The successful candidate will join a fast paced and dynamic team and work cross functionally with internal partners and management to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget, and will be part of a collaborative culture.
Manage all aspects of a project from initiation to planning, execution, occupancy, and closeout. Work directly with clients to define project requirements and expectations. Analyze and propose solutions, assess risks, and track/ communicate project milestones through project process to make sure customer remains informed and is happy with their new office space. Work efficiently with external project team (Architect, GC, Electrician, Data Vendors, etc.) to ensure the project runs smoothly from inception to completion.
To be considered for this position you should have 3-5 years relevant experience, understanding of standard industry software and strong communication skills. Desire to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and take ownership of your work are a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Oversee project implementation and execution through the completion of office build-out.
- Define project scope by working with client and internal team to establish project-specific goals that meet client needs and ensure project success.
- Ensure project scope and specific deliverables are understood by all parties involved and maintained through to project completion.
- Develop a detailed project schedule, based on product lead times and construction timeline.
- Publish project schedule to the external and internal team, and track progress on a weekly basis.
- Manage project performance against goals, objectives, schedule, and milestones.
- Identify and report variances from the schedule, then drive corrective actions to maintain a critical path.
- Attend weekly OAC (Owner, Architect, Contactor) meetings for each project and reports pertinent updates and/or action items back to the internal project team.
- Facilitate project kick-off meetings, and weekly huddle meetings with the internal project team to ensure responsibilities and deliverables are communicated and understood by all.
- Develop scope of work for installation vendor.
- Obtain labor quotes and analyze for accuracy. Present both labor pricing and project management hour estimate to internal team
- Identify, manage and mitigate any potential project risks that could impact scope, schedule, budget, and/or quality.
- Implement change management process to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure client approvals, and issue change orders. Identify possible impacts of change requests on project scope and/ or schedule and communicate impact/ best path forward to client and project team.
- Manage coordination with Landlords and Property Managers to ensure insurance requirements are met, and building access is approved.
- Complete site verification to ensure conditions are conducive to and compatible with furniture delivery/ installation.
- Perform pre-installation site walk with the lead installer to ensure scope and specific deliverables are fully understood, including performance standards.
- Oversee furniture installation and provide detailed updates to the client.
- Complete punch walks with a client. Document publish and track punch items through to completion.
- Assume complete responsibility for assignments and is accountable for ensuring projects are executed to client’s expectations.
- Able to communicate and present strongly to the Executive level team within an organization.
- Maintain flexibility with work hours and travel as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- Lead Team Meetings and attend all project meetings.
- Manage multiple projects in various stages and act as projects’ in-field foreperson.
- Be detail oriented, organized and have a ‘will do’ attitude.
- Coordinate with all trades and General Contractors.
- Contract furniture industry experience a must.
- Demonstrate an understanding of team member responsibilities and be willing to ‘jump in’ when needed.
- Respond to, and be available, for all client requests.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and professional work ethic.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills.
- Core and CAP experience strongly preferred.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS:
- Competitive base salary.
- Bonus eligible.
- Extremely rich 401k employer match.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage.